Friday, March 9, 2012

Spring Break

This week has been spring break from my painting class.  It was nice for two days this week so I went out to paint.   On Wednesday, I went to the Botanical Gardens cause I figured that some of the flowers would be in bloom.  I wasn't disappointed; I found this bed of daffodils.
Painted on a 6x8 canvas sheet.









Yesterday it was windy with winds gusting up to 30mph.  I didn't want to stress my new easel so I went inland where the winds were supposed to be less.

I ended up next to the dismal swamp and the Dismal Swamp Canal which is part of the Intercoastal Waterway.  I hadn't been there since I was a child, which was a long time ago!  The winds were there as well but the easel did fine (it didn't get blown into the canal!).  This one was also painted on a 6x8 canvas sheet.

No comments:

Post a Comment