Saturday, January 10, 2009

Pastry Pigs



In the fall of 2008, I took a drawing class at the local community college. What I would really like to take is a painting class, but I work full time and the classes are held when I am at work (during the daytime). So, I took the drawing class (which I enjoyed). One of the assignments was to make a drawing of cakes or pastries in the style of Wayne Thiebaud. I tend to like sweets and to keep the pastries around long enough to draw, I went to the local bakery and bought these little pastry pigs. I figured the pigs would remind me that I should leave them alone! The drawing was done in oil pastels and on a half sheet of Arches Watercolor paper (about 15"x22"). The image is cropped somewhat in the post. We did a few drawings in oil pastels which at first, I had much difficulty with. Oil pastels are a challenge, but towards the end of the class, I really enjoyed using them. By the way, I did not eat the pigs!

No comments:

Post a Comment