Friday, August 26, 2011

Mills Godwin Bridge


My quest for a painting buddy continues.  I have decided to join in some plein air events in a search for someone or a group to paint with.  The most logical one is "Out and About" Norfolk since I live here.  The problem it is a juried event.  And I really don't have too many paintings from which to choose since my first plein air painting was painted in the spring!  I have decided to submit Ocean View, 26th Street Bridge, and I needed another water structure painting which before today I didn't have.  Since we have a hurricane expected for Saturday, today (now, yesterday) was the best chance I had of coming up with another painting.  I got up this morning and, wouldn't you know it, the smoke was really bad.  I decided to head northwest until I could find a clear sky and look for a marine structure.  I ended up at TCC's old Portsmouth campus and found a view of the Mills Godwin bridge on Route 17.  I painted for about an hour and a half and brought the painting back to my studio and put some finishing touches on it.  Well, if I don't get into this event, there's always next year (and other events)!  This painting was painted in oils and is on a 9x12 stretched canvas.

After I painted this one I came back to Norfolk and painted another one.  I will post that one later.

No comments:

Post a Comment