Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Statues Again














Well, I certainly have been neglecting this blog lately.  I have been painting though!  Painting is much more fun than trying to photograph paintings and posting them to this blog!  But it is raining today so I thought I would catch up a bit.




The first one is the first one I painted after the previously posted paintings.  It is of Rubens.  This was the second time I had tried for this statue.  The first time flies were biting and I was not prepared.  I had never had any problems at the gardens before so I hadn't stocked up on bug spray.  The next time I went out to try and capture the statue the flies were still there but I was prepared!  I was so prepared I almost made myself sick.  Anyway here's the result from the second attempt.  It was painted on a 9x12 linen panel.

No comments:

Post a Comment