Sunday, January 4, 2009

First Entry






This is my first entry into what I hope will be a record of my attempts at becoming a better painter. These two little paintings were my first since 1975. They were from photos taken at the Virginia Zoo's butterfly garden or flower garden. Butterflies are extremely difficult to photograph as they fly very fast and flitter around from flower to flower. They will not pose for you and they have a bad habit of positioning themselves against a background that is very close to their color like in the second image, which actually was the first painting. Of course, I could have changed the background color, but I'll do things like that when I become more comfortable with painting. These little paintings are 5"x7" and are painted on canvas panels. They were painted in August '08.

No comments:

Post a Comment